Skip to main content

Caves Beach - Newcastle - Australia

Caves Beach - Newcastle - Australia 
Caves beach is simply stunning. As the name suggests there are caves in the rock walls on the beach area.
During the hotter months this is a patrolled beach with a small canteen for food and drink. Parking is limited so you may or may not get parking depending on the day. 
The beach is very clean as is the water. Ive never had an issue with poorly behaved beach goers at any time that I have been. It really is a great place to spend the day and there is shade areas just back off the beach which are grassed so you can comfortably have a picnic.
I feel this is one of the best beaches in NSW. It is certainly a must if your in the area.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Arboretum, Canberra - Australia

National Arboretum, Canberra - Australia Great day today! I thought the Arboretum would be a boring place so last time I was here I didn’t see it. This time I thought I would give it a chance and I was so surprised. There are mass plantings of trees and it looks great. Plenty of stealth campers enjoying what it has to offer. The views are stunning and it’s such a short drive from the city. 5 minutes I’d say.  Make sure you come out for a visit as there are plenty of areas to view and explore and your able to drive from place to place and parking is a dream. Here are some photos.

Parliament House (New), Canberra - Australia

Parliament House (New), Canberra - Australia As an Australian kid we all were stuck going on school excursion to Parliament House. As a kid I went to the old house then visited the new house after I had left school. The new house is really very pretty and is a great place to visit. Your able to watch parliament when it sits from the gallery. If you think it is a good idea to yell abuse at or country’s finest I would advise against it as the house is top heavy with security and Australian federal police. Still it’s good to have a look at these self serving dopes. The house has so many exhibits it reall will take a fair amount of time to see it all. I loved the paintings of all the former prime ministers. Just a personal preference I guess. A great exhibit is the gifts to the country by dignitaries from other nations.  There is a gift store that you exit the house by but give it a miss I’d say. Parking is free onsite and you will find a parking spot easily. I’m not sure ab...

Goulburn NSW Australia

Goulburn NSW Australia On the way to Canberra today, we stopped in at Goulburn. Goulburn was Australia’s first inland settlement.  The town nowadays looks a little run down and I more than likely will drive past it in future. It still has the Big Marino though it’s been moved 800 meters from its original location.  Goulburn is the home to the NSW police academy. It’s sort of fitting that there is a large jail here also.